Thank you for your interest in River City Christian School (RCCS). The school's Admissions Process provides an opportunity for parents and prospective students to gain a fuller representation of RCCS, its academic program, campus, and faculty. The Admission Process also provides documentation to the RCCS Screening Committee who evaluate if RCCS is equipped to meet the prospective student's needs.
River City Christian School provides a Christ-centered learning environment educating students who learn differently, thus offering hope to their families.
RCCS educates students with the following learning differences:
Auditory Processing Disorder
Other Reading and Math Disorders
IQ of 75 or above
RCCS is not equipped, nor is its faculty or staff trained, to educate students who experience the following moderate to severe cognitive, emotional, behavioral, or physical disabilities:
Behavior Disorders or Behavior Issues
Bipolar Disorder/Mood Disorders
Oppositional Defiant Disorder
Severe Cognitive Deficits
Severe Physical Disabilities
Students who have been expelled, placed in alternative school, or who have threatened school staff or other students.
Admission Process: If your child has a diagnosis the procedure will be:
- Call the school office @ 210-384-0297 or email email@example.com to begin the application process.
- If your child has a diagnosis you will be asked to submit supporting documents by email firstname.lastname@example.org, fax to 210-384-0446 or drop off the paperwork at the school office. The admission committee will review the information to see if placement is deemed possible.
- If the admission committee determines that RCCS is a good placement option you will be directed to the Admission page on our website, www.rivercitychristianschool.org and download the Consultation Packet and Application and pay the $25.00 fee.
- An appointment will be made for a meeting with the administrator and a school tour. After the interview, if everyone involved determines that River City Christian School is the best educational opportunity for the student, a student visit day will be scheduled.
- Fill out the Consultation Packet and return it by email email@example.com, fax to 210-384-0446 or drop it off at the school office. The Admission committee will review the paperwork we will contact you to let you know if we can assist your child.
Kindergarten Admission Requirements - Students entering kindergarten must be 5 years old by September 1st and be developmentally ready for the program offered. Testing may be required to determine if student is classroom ready.
"River City Christian School admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs.”